Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Dear Mom,

Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, can you believe it? It's already Thanksgiving! Of course you have been watching the Hallmark Channel all the time and they have been doing all Christmas shows, so you thought it was already over. This morning as we ate breakfast and watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade, you probably asked me 5 or 6 times if it was Thanksgiving. So, 5 or 6 times I told you yes, yes it is Thanksgiving. We enjoyed our breakfast of cereal, egg sandwich, and even a piece of cream cheese filled braided bread. We both really enjoyed it, and both snuck a little extra piece after. We relaxed for a little bit, then got ready to go meet Auntie Ann and Uncle Cephus at Hometown Buffet. We got there about the same time as cousin Karen, and Uncle Cephus, Auntie Ann, and Yvonne were already inside the door waiting for us. We went in and were surprised that the line was as long as it was. The place was pretty crowded. You weren't feeling up to walking around and just wanted me to get your food for you. You ate well! You had chicken, lasagna, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and a roll. When you finished that plate, I asked you if you wanted something else and you said a little something. So for your second round you had a slice of pizza and a cinnamon roll. Although I'm not the biggest fan of Hometown Buffet, I was just glad to eat some things that I liked. Since I'm not the biggest turkey eater. I had pizza, lasagna, fish, sweet potatoes, french fries, and a roll. On my second round, I had more fish, and some tortillas with meat, cheese, pico de gallo and corn and onions on top. By then, I was pretty full. You said you were too, but must have mentioned 2 or 3 times that you wanted your ice cream! You are so funny! No matter how full you are you have to have your ice cream. I got you ice cream and some apple strudel. I had the cherry pie with some ice cream. By then we were definitely stuffed. We had such a great time with the family...so many laughs! At one point in the meal you were getting a little warm, I told you that you better not pass out on me. You looked at Uncle Cephus and asked if he would save you, He said of course, I'll throw a glass of cold water in your face! We had a good laugh. Then you and Auntie Ann were cracking up about something, but I had no clue why. It was just great to see you laugh and enjoy yourself and eat so well. Yvonne, Karen, and I had some great laughs too. And I introduced them both to Angry Birds, they both enjoyed it, but Karen was really getting into it, and was threatening to keep my phone. We gave hugs and thanks and said goodbye and headed home. As we were leaving the driveway I looked across the street to see a long line of people with tents and chairs outside of Best Buy. I had to drive over there to get a closer look. It was crazy! It was also so strange to see everything closed down, even McDonald's. We were both surprised by that. When we got home I went to down to play on the Wii and you came down and watched for a little bit, before going to get your pj's on. You were excited to be able to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. You don't ever watch those anymore because you always have the Hallmark Channel on. Not long after that, guess what you asked for? Yup, you guessed it...ice cream! So, cf course you did have more, lol. I'm so thankful for a good day with you, though you don't really remember it. I have great memories! I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Your Thanksgiving sounds like a very good one!!!
    I'll be trying to get our house back in order today. It's a big mess after our company, but it was a very good day!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was very nice!! We ate well and laughed a lot! Getting the house back in order seems like a good sign of a good time! Although I'm sure it's lots of work before and after. But I hope you were able to enjoy the time with your family making wonderful memories! Also hope you're able to get some rest. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful outing with family. Glad your Mom enjoyed it so much. I'm with her on the ice cream thing... bring it on!! Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Latane! We did have a great time! Hee hee, yes mom loves her ice cream...every day! Haha I love it too, I just can't have it every day. :) Glad your Thanksgiving went well too!

    ReplyDelete