Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crazy Weekend and Little Victories

Dear Mom,

It has been a crazy few days, it was definitely a crazy weekend. Friday, I went to school as normal and had a pretty good day. We had a field trip with the first and second grade to the pumpkin patch. It was nice. I came home after to give you your supper before I had to go back out. I didn't want to tell you I had to go back out because I know you like to have me home. So, I waited until you asked me if I had to go back out. I told you I did and that I would be back later. I had been asked a week or two ago to help with the Red Eye Night that the teens at church were having. I just couldn't tell them no, they were told that there were probably going to be lots of teens there, and they really needed chaperones to help. As you were eating I told you I had to go back out for a little bit, but not to worry about taking Bella out because I would be back to do that. I headed over to the church and I must say, there were quite a few teens already there. Little did we know there would be almost 60 teens that would show up that night. Though, I hated leaving you, I was kind of glad I offered to help out. Once most of the teens were there we started the progressive dinner in the fellowship hall. There was a yummy salad. Then after they were done, there was a delicious white chili that the youth director's wife made. That was very popular. Not long after that there was ice cream with yummy toppings. As we cleaned up the tables the kids went over to the chairs set up in the middle to get ready for the message by Evangelist Garraway. When we were done cleaning we went over to listen as well. It was a great message and 2 boys made professions of salvation. It was a precious time. They were then getting ready to head to laser tag. I left to come back home to take Bella out and give you your medicine and to put you and Bella to bed. Once again I was struck with the dilemma of how to tell you I was going back out. But I knew I couldn't just leave because you would hear the door and wonder what I was doing. So, after you and Bella were snug in bed for a little bit, and right before I was leaving I told you I needed to go back out for a little bit. You were a little surprised, but just told me you would be asleep by the time I got back. I told you that was fine. I prayed over the house and you and Bella before I left to go back to the church. They finished laser tag, came back to the church to do some video skits, then we left to go bowling about 2 in the morning. We left there close to 4 a.m. and came back to the church to play hide and seek. Some kids were getting hungry again and ate some more chili and nachos, or ice cream. Things started winding down, there was a video playing for the kids to watch and some chose to just sit and chat as dawn approached. Around 5:30 I said goodbye to everyone and headed back to you and Bella. I got home about the time I would normally take Bella out and get you up to go to the bathroom. I got back in bed and we both slept for a couple of hours and then got up for breakfast. After breakfast I told you I was going to go back to bed. You didn't mind that because you wanted to get back in your bed and watch TV. I slept a few more hours, I think got something for us to eat later on, then called it an evening sometime after that. The little victory is that after a couple of months of not feeling up to going to church, you woke up wondering what you were going to wear Sunday morning. I tried not to get too excited. I found a cute outfit for you that you were happy with, put some make up on you, so you wouldn't complain about how awful you looked. We ate breakfast and you went off to church. When you got home you weren't complaining about everyone looking at you or having to help you out to the car. You just said you enjoyed the service. Yes! I have been worried that you would just get too comfortable and want to stay home from church, but I praise the Lord for this little victory. There was another little victory tonight as you also went to church again! I was so thrilled. It's great to see you getting out of that bed and getting back to church! You made my heart so happy, what a blessing! I love you and I hope we have many more little victories like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment